Two MSU basketball players raped a woman in the dorms then one admitted to it. Their only consequence was that they had to move out of the dorms. This picture is of me and one other woman holding up this banner during Midnight Madness. Two other brave souls had a banner on the other side for a while before some jerk started playing tug or war with them over it. This was taken before we got booed at by 10,000 people and police escorted from the stadium.
How screwed up are people to boo at this?
Let’s keep reposting this. Rapists should be charged.
how is sport more important than the lives of women?
like honestly baffling
This is honestly the best poster I have found in a while supporting breast cancer awareness. I am honestly so sick of seeing, “set the tatas free” and “save the boobies”. There is no reason in hell a life threatening, life ruining disease should be sexualized. “Don’t wear a bra day,” go fuck yourselves. You’re not saving a pair of tits, you’re saving the entire package: mind, body, and soul included. Women are not just a pair of breasts.
Can I just say how much I love the idea of Electric Core Danny?
Suffering the World’s Worst Case of Static Cling, which deserves all of the capital letters. Accidentally blowing out the class’s lightbulb when Mr. Lancer slammed a textbook down on the desk he was sleeping on….
*a pair of black socks on Ebay*
"NEW Casual sexy cute elegant slim-fit low cut soft and hypoallergenic comfy neutral FASHION HOT SELL x-small extra small small medium simple chic booties feet mittens warm foot cover direct honest seller FAST CHEAP SHIPPING pair of dark mysterious black shade for YOU"
Yay, friendship! Hello! ^-^
Yeah, writing fics is an adventure. and to be honest I have a bit of the same problem you do. I have way too many ideas that I want to write and then never do.
*Pushes oneshot series dedicated to younger Pariah and Clockwork under a rug*I guess the first thing you should do is well, just start writing. It’ll suck and you’ll possibly hate it, sure, but at least you’ve written a thing. Find upcoming plot points that you really want to write, and spread out bits- scenes, lines, whatever- in between them that amuse you. I’m not exactly good at explaining things, but yeah. Long story short, just start writing. Oh, and find someone you can toss ideas around with! trust me, it’s a lot more fun. ^^
And Clockwork? Oh god Clockwork he’s one of my favourite characters which means he ends up going through a lot but oh my god Clockwork
Putting under the break because this is probably going to get long. ^^’
People, go read Connections dammit. Its where half (
all) of these head canons are from. Lurking and I have worked on this story and these head canons for like a year and a half. Go.
No like seriously guys please read Connections it has- among other things-
- A subplot where upon figuring out that Vlad has Maddie cat, the ghost he’s stuck to gets a huge black tom named Jack. Vlad replies with getting a grey tabby tom whom he calls Masters. Maddie cat hates Masters cat but absolutely loves Jack cat. Jack cat just loves everyone, and ends up having three kittens with Maddie cat. They name the kittens Daniel, Danielle, and Jasmine. They later switch Danny and Danny cat.
- One ghost hosts a Christmas party which ends in a generous amount of alcohol being drunk and a dramatic singing of Red Solo Cup. The Observants try to break it up so Clockwork knocks them over with a ball of ectoplasm and says he’s ‘bowling’
- This one really bitchy character gets thrown off a roof
- Clockwork tries to be a sassy little shit and ends up being poisoned
- There’s a ghost at one point who acts like the sterotypical gay man and then reveals that he can mind control straight people (Pan/bi/poly people drift in and out, anyone under the asexual umbrella just leaves) and the queer kids have to gang up to defeat him
- Valerie actually does things
- A Mary-Sue themed ghost escapes from the Observants and they have to get the Ghostwriter to stop her
- Ember commissions the Ghostwriter to help her with a new song and they end up turning the entire Timeline into a musical
- Infinite tries to throw Clockwork and Tardis a wedding without them even being in a relationship
- There’s a chapter purely dedicated to Danielle and her ghost buddy dicking around
- Danny gets hit by a bus at one point
- A chunk of the cast tries to throw Danny a surprise party despite the fact that an alternate version of them keeps trying to tell them that Danny really hates surprise parties
- Danny and his ghost keep being mistaken for two of the Ancients and it gets awkward
- A lot of the cast is at least slightly queer
- Sam goes from being ‘not like other girls’ to ‘you hate on other girls and I will drown you in a river’
- "Turns out I’m evil. Sorry about that!"
- "Why is there a wall of duct tap in the middle of the Ghost Zone?! …And why is it leopard print?"
- Danny starts ranting while fighting Desiree and ends up being turned into a seven-year-old
- The characters are human and act like humans would when shit goes down
Basically just read Connections. That fic is my precious baby and I literally love everything about it.
Yes! Go read Connections! One of my friends, who said she wasn’t fond of AUs, is absolutely hooked on it! That’s how you know it’s good!
So to those that might not get many asks or just dont know what pose they might want to do here is the Palette-Pose Maker!!
And I think it goes without saying that if you get a number+letter that dont exist pick again!
PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE TOP PART OR THE CREDITS
[ME: “THIS PAIRING IS SO OBVIOUSLY CANON. I BET EVERYONE SHIPS IT.” (Fanfic Flamingo) FANDOM: “SURPRISE! IT’S A RARE PAIR!”]
Probably doesn’t help that it’s femslash… :(
THIS IS HOW THE BRITISH PRESS RESPONDS TO THE KILLINGS OF DISABLED CHILDREN. All of these extracts were taken from UK news websites. the final tweet is in response to a now-deleted tweet from politician Sandy Kaylan, who praised a mother for ‘euthanising’ her infant children
tania Clarence, 43, admitted to smothering three of her children, all of whom suffered from physical disabilities. Regardless of the circumstances that led to their tragic deaths, these methods of reporting are unethical and go against the British editors code of practice - which states that, once proceedings are active, the press cannot publish any material that could create substantial risk of prejudice in court. The language used in these articles (“tragic mum”, “the unbearable burden of care”, putting the word murder in scare quotes, etc) does exactly that. Reading these articles, it is clear who we are meant to “side” with.
that these rules on court proceedings are apparently not applicable to cases involving the killing of disabled children shows how little the British press (and by extension, the public) cares about the welfare of disabled people in this country. Calling these children burdens and implying they deserved to die reinforces ableism and makes the world a more dangerous place for disabled people. Yet the press does not count it as encouraging prejudice. maybe it’s because we believe the unlawful killing of disabled infants does not “count” as a real crime
This is abhorrent.
5,000 notes. Tumblr really that’s it?
People are surprised that this only had 5000 notes? That’s pretty much a standard problem. Tumblr as a whole tends to not really give a shit about ableism. I mean this might not be the case for smaller communities like the autistic community or the mentally ill communities etc, but yeah, I’m very much unsurprised at the lack of notes. That’s pretty standard.
After all, tumblr circulated a petition to make a death star but didn’t really circulate one that advocated for it to be illegal to prevent a disabled person from receiving an organ transplant.
But you know. What do I know?